Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A little of who I am...

Well I feel pretty certain very few people will ever read this blog. With that being said I am not looking for fame or popularity from my blog.... fyi...the junk food addiction was spelled wrong on purpose all good names were unavailable! 


In October of 2010 I began a journey that would change my life forever. I joined a great place called RHEK. That stands for Ryan Hoover's Extreme Karate. One of my best friends called and said "hey you wanna take kick boxing with me?" I said sure, I know of this place. Well she went a few times and never came back. Since then I have brought more than 10 people....all but 1 never come back! Reasons why....1. It cost to much. 2. It is to far to drive. 3. I don't have enough time. 4. It was to hard. Well some people say I became obsessed with it. I would agree to a certain level. The classes are really fun and very self rewarding. To date I have lost over 60lbs and I no longer have Type 2 diabetes. Much of my success comes from my trainers helping me believe in myself. They are so very supportive. They answer emails and text messages almost instantly. They help me with workouts, personal issues and most importantly diet questions. 


My current struggle is junk food addiction. That was the whole reason I decided  to start a blog. Thinking to myself that if just one person reads this I will hold myself accountable. My whole life style change has been a slow one. It started very slow with just keeping a journal. I remember in the early stages being so upset by eating a candy bar, even putting a sad face beside it. Next I added protein shakes. Then cut out the fried food! Then cut out carbs.... Then in January of this year I am trying me best to cut out sugar. Sugar is sugar so no fruits either. Did you know that your body has no idea if you eat a banana or a snicker bar! I did a really good job until my 90 day challenge was over. Since then I find myself eating Rasinets or subway cookies 3 or 4 times a week. I have a cheat day but that has turned into a cheat week almost. At 200 calories for each cookie (shocked yesterday by that) I am cheating myself. I workout 5 days a week. When I say workout I mean like hardcore crazy sweat and major calorie burning stuff! So tell me why my brain is trying to sabotage what I have been working so hard to accomplish? So starting in the morning I plan on blogging everyday just to track my "problem"..... I really hope this turns into the success story of a once "fat girl." 

No comments:

Post a Comment