Friday, August 24, 2012

My mind is playing tricks on me


It is so hard to believe that your mind wants you to fail..... it wants you to think all of your decisions are wrong. It wants you to think that you really need food that is bad for you....it wants you to think you can't make it through a workout. It just continues to try to push you into staying stagnate and not growing. "Growth is in discomfort" so my mind is going to really have to get over it. I have had a hard time this week, not with my eating. I have done AWESOME with my eating but my mind decided since I was doing good at that it would mess with me on every other level! One of the reasons I am able to push forward so hard is this quote I received in an email earlier this week. I was questioning if it was normal for your mind to get weaker in certain areas while getting stronger in other areas.... the reply said " It can work that way. However, if you keep things in perspective and keep the strength that you are gaining in mind, it will perpetuate itself." 

The other reasons I stay strong....
* The watchful eye of the most amazing 9 year old!
* The best trainer in the world
* The best friend in the world 
* Support from my RHEK family  

NEVER LET YOUR WEAK MIND WIN!!!! 

On a side note..... I was super tempted this week by.... birthday cake....subway cookies and of all things homemade goodies at the farmers market....

No comments:

Post a Comment